These tried-and-tested snack ideas for kids’ birthday parties are super effortless to put together and are so delish, the little monsters will love them. However, to be able to execute with perfection, we would advise you to start prepping early so there’s no last-minute cooking for you to get flustered about! Here goes!
1. Drink Ideas
- Fruit punch (literally use any fruit you fancy)
- Ice cream sodas
- Yoghurt smoothies
- Freshly squeezed fruit juices
- Iced chocolate drink
2. Appetisers or Snack Ideas:
- Devilled eggs
- Potato wedges
- Onion and potato fritters
- Roasted vegetables with dips
- Sandwiches loaded with colourful veggies
- Mac-n-cheese bites
- Potato skewers
- Pizza pinwheels
- Mini tacos
- Fruit kebabs
- Sliders (miniature burgers)
- Tortilla chips along with garlic dip
- Rainbow or chocolate cupcakes
- Garlic bread
- Spring rolls
- Miniature waffles
- Mini grilled cheese sandwiches
- Corn dogs
- Meatballs wrapped in pita bread
- Capsicum pizzas
- Cheese and jalapeno bombs
- Cheese balls
- Kung pao chicken meatballs
- Caramel and cheese popcorn
- Paani Puris (experiment with cheese stuffed paani puris)
3. Main Course Ideas:
- Mini dosas
- Hakka noodles
- Colourful berry pulao
- Green chicken curry (use spinach and fenugreek leaves)
- Homemade pizza
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Sloppy Joe dogs (hotdogs topped with cheddar)
- Sandwich cookies
- Mini burritos
- Burrito bowls
- Bread pizzas (get creative with the toppings)
- Fried chicken (choose a simple batter)
- Club sandwiches
- Pasta (creamy Mac-n-Cheese is a huge hit with kids)
- Chicken pizza rolls
- Chicken and prawn fried rice
- Baked lasagne
Stress-free party planning 101:
- Variety is the key! Make sure you are going all out with crackers, cheese, etc. instead of the regular pizzas and burgers.
- Food allergy mishaps are pretty common, so make sure you know every guest’s food preference when they RSVP.
- Have a DIY food counter (something like a make-your-own-sandwich thing) for the adults to have some fun.
- Make the food as uncomplicated as possible. Finger foods are convenient as they do not entail a lot of cleaning up for later.
- Cook in moderation!
Serve your ordinary party drink in an extraordinary manner:
- Freeze edible flowers and use them in punch bowls while serving.
- If you have organised a theme party, freeze items that you think go with the theme.
- Serve the drinks in teacups with saucers, funny milkshake cups, etc. instead of the regular ones!
- Decorate the drinks with artsy, colourful straws to make them look vibrant.
This Content has originally written by Tarika Bharadwaj and published on November 12, 2019.
No Copyright/IPR breach is intended.
Click Here to read Original.
Photo by fu zhichao